Mars, commonly known as Mars chocolate bar, is the name of two varieties of chocolate bar produced by Mars, Incorporated. It was first manufactured in 1932 in Slough, England by Forrest Mars, Sr. In its British version the bar consists of caramel and nougat coated with milk chocolate. An American version of the Mars bar was produced which had nougat and toasted almonds covered in milk chocolate; later, caramel was added to the recipe as well. The American version was discontinued in 2002, then revived in a slightly different form the following year under the name “Snickers Almond”.
Other products have also been released using the Mars branding.
- Mars Delight (discontinued in the UK as of 2009)
- Mars Choc Brownie
- Mars Extra Chocolate Drink
- Mars Active Energy Drink
- Mars No Added Sugar Drink
- Mars Ice Cream bars
- Mars Midnight Ice Cream bars
- McVities Mars Mini Rolls
- Mars Biscuits (Australia and the UK – a biscuit with Mars topping)
- Mars Pods (Australia and New Zealand – a small crunchy wafer shell with Mars filling, also available in variants)
- Mars Rocks
- Mars Planets
- Mars Mix
- Mars Frozen Dessert Bar
- Mars Protein – A mars bar with less sugar and added protein, this comes as a 50g size. Packaging claims “More protein, 40% less sugar” to a normal mars bar.
Mars Chocolate Bar Custom packaging
Standard interior and external packaging
Text as per buyer request